Converting S5 programs to S7

zezito

Hi to all!
anyone ever convert a S5 program into a S7??
Here http://www.ad.siemens.de/fea/ftp/module_en/b06/b06.doc i found a file that helps you do this convertion, but does not teach how to correct errors!
If there are any S5/S7 experts :) that can explain me the big diferences between S5 programming and S7 programming i would be very thankful!

Thank you all!!
zezito :D

Hello Zezito,

The conversion between S5 to S7 using Siemens converter is fully compatible if your program is only based in inputs, outputs, timers, counters, etc. I mean normal operands. If your program has special functions like communications, positioning, analog values, indexed processing, etc. its not so direct, you must change by your own hand the updated functions for S7.

I hope these help somewhat.