Latch a Bit then Bit Shift Left

jthornton

Ok after reading the help file it says that if you latch a bit u must unlatch it with an OTU instruction...

What I am doing is to turn on a bit (latch it) if the trigger is present then the next scan do a bit shift then latch etc. All seems to work well when the bit shift fires the original bit B10:0/0 unlatches itself which is what I want to happen and the next bit B10:0/1 is now a one ala the bit shift left.

"In the event of a power loss, any OTL controlled output device will energize with the return of power if the OTL bit was set when power was lost." I'm doing a FLL on the Bits for the Bit Shift Left on the first scan so it should take care of this I hope... gotta go and test this...

Am I missing anything here???

Will it explode in my face someday???

It works in testing...

[trigger]--[ons]---(BSL B10:0)
[trigger]----------(L B10:0/0)

AB SLC 5/03

That should work fine. Since B10:0/0 is set by the latch, during a power loss it would be ON at powerup (if it WAS on before power went out), but you FILL will clear it out.

beerchug

-Eric