Using Factory Talk to Read/Display PC Data

Jieve

This may come across as an ignorant question as I'm not yet familiar with Factory Talk View, but we have a small system that may be using an AB Controllogix PLC & VFD for controls, and will be reading specialized high frequency sensor data via DAQ PCI cards on the same PC as the HMI. Is it possible to program an HMI screen for system control, and also somehow access and display the DAQ card data on the HMI screen using some type of scripting within the HMI programming software?

Thanks!

Is is possible? Sure. Is it practical? Hard to say.
If you can get the data into Excel, or SQL, you can script the HMI to read it.
If you can use a direct OPC driver (like Kepware), you can read it directly, but "High Speed" is not something you will achieve

Honestly, using cards in a PC these days is a full-stop moment for me; while PC Architecture might seem stable, and invariable, after dealing with this for 30ish years now, I can tell you it isn't.

We've got a system here, built around the National Instruments (now NI) platform, JUST so that we know the interface will remain, and outlast the control PC's.