Powerflex 525 6.001 RSLINX Issue

righteous818

Good Day All,

I have a strange problem with the new Powerflex 525 6.001 with RSLinx 4.11. No matter what I do I cannot get RSLinx to show up the device properly . I only get Unrecognised Device Powerflex 525 460V 2 HP with the yellow question mark. I can communicate with the drive fine over RSLogix 5000 and do everything as normal except for it to show up properly in RSLinx. I have tried upload eds from device, i ran it as administrator and it says it installs but when I go under uninstall in the EDS Hardware Wizard I cannot find that revision number. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I checked the EDS file director and the EDS file is there in the directory.

Last edited:
Maybe you need the latest AOP. This hasn't been historically true for simply seeing a device in RSLinx, but Rockwell has been doing some funny things with PowerFlex drives since the 5.00x firmware revisions.

For example, having the latest major revision AOP used to be enough, if the minor revision changed, you could still work with it under LogixDesigner. Let's say you have the AOP released that added v5.0 support. Down the road they released 5.002 (for example) but your tree was still configured for 5.000. The I/O tree would appear to be happy with it, but you wouldn't be able to open the parameters from the drive properties. Similar nonsense happens with v6.00x drives.

So now it seems that you have to get AOP's when each minor revision is released, at least with 525's. It might be possible that this is causing the behavior you are seeing in RSLinx.

I have downloaded the latest AOP which matches the 6.001 Revision. But I still have the same issue. Like I said before I can do everything I would in RSLogix 5000 change parameters etc. Only thing is RSLinx does not show the drive properly.

You probably need an updated EDS file. Sometimes if you right click on the device there may be "Upload EDS File" in the menu. Rockwell Automation has the EDS files in the Download section.
Hope this helps.

Did you shut down linx and restart it. Don’t click the x close icon, click file/exit and shutdown. Often times Ed’s are not recognized without a restart.

Did you shut down linx and restart it. Don’t click the x close icon, click file/exit and shutdown. Often times Ed’s are not recognized without a restart.

+1 to this. Sometimes you even have to restart all of your FactoryTalk Services. I've had Linx do weird things like this as well.

I think I ran into a similar issue, but mine was that the drives weren't showing up at all. Turns out the switch in the panel was a managed switch and required a restart before they showed up in RSLinx. Not sure if you tried that or not, and it sounds like it may be a completely different issue, but managed switches can cause some weird things like that.

Can you give a picture of the part number label on the side of the PF? I had used the 525 last year without any issues, I'm certain as are you it's an EDS file thing. The ID for the product type being returned doesn't match any ID in the eds database.

Show me the label and I will reply back with the exact EDS file you should have used. If that doesn't work.. AB problem.

Here is a picture of the drive. It was manufactured June this year and also a screenshot of RSLinx. I used the upload EDS file from Drive as well as I have installed all the new EDS files for the PF525 from AB website no luck

20200825_101010.jpg 20200825_101015.jpg