What are the main differences between Kinetix and Powerflex systems?

helphelphelp

New to servo drives, wondering what the main functional differences are between the two types of servos. Any help even the most basic is very helpful.

Thanks!

Not experienced with servos, but my understanding is that Kinetix drives are specifically designed for servo control whereas the PowerFlex drives are for (non-servo) induction motor control.

Powerflex will simply use a run and speed command to make a lower torque move. Simply running a motor until told to stop.

Kinetix will use high torque and precision move commands to get it done. Instead of just start and stop with a speed reference. Its told exactly where to go and how to get there with each move being fully controlled in profile.

I just finished up my first Kinetix project last week. It was only a simple depositor machine but t was a damn good learning experience. It turned out to be much simpler to program the logic than I had thought before getting it started. No issues to speak of though after I figured out that I was running it way to fast in the beginning. These things will fly. The machine is super accurate with its dispensing as well!

You will like the Kinetix.