GE Fanuc 90-70 Download Error

abSIAS

Hello Everyone.
I have a GE 90-70 with Processor Part #: IC697CPX782. I am able to go online with the processor but for some reason whenever is time to download the program file is not letting me, and shows the message below.

"<S94> Connected PLC or Communication Port does not support the service requested"

Question: Have anyone seen this before?

Note: Keep in mind that I was able to configure this processor using same laptop, comm cable, and software couple months ago.

Thank You

20200910_122903.jpg

Still using Logicmaster? And what OS?

Have you tried downloading each component, Program Logic, Configuration, and Reference Tables individually to see which one is preventing the download?

I also question your interpretation of the message. You wrote
Connected PLC or Communication Port does not support the service requested
but the message is
Connected PLC or Communication Port does not support the service request
This could be important because the PLC's instruction set includes a function block called "SVC_REQ" (Service request). It could be that your logic includes a SVC_REQ function call with an invalid function code.

LM90 in Windows XP

I did try to download each components individually, this is what I get:

When I try
Program Logic: <U32> Program references in folder exceed limits configured in plc.

Configuration: <S94> Connected PLC or Communication Port does not support the service request

Reference Tables: <S94> Connected PLC or Communication Port does not support the service request

What port on the PLC are you using for communications? If I remmber correctly, the ports on a IC697CMM711 serial communications module don't allow for download of the configuration. For that you have to use a serial port on the CPU module.
So, if your PLC has lost its program and configuration due to a failed battery, the default configuration may not support the address range used in the ladder logic. That would be why you can't download the logic. And the CMM711 module doesn't support either of the other downloads. At least that's one explanation that fits the symptoms you've described.