RSLinx Gateway Topic w/Invalid Data

dburnum

My system can get complex, but I have a RA CLX system with an I/O rack w/2ENBT modules on separate networks that are redundant to separate Tag Servers that are dynamically linked via their own software. There are separate versions of RSLinx Gateway 3.60.00 on each server. I can ping the ENBTs from either server thanks to sharing some virtual switches inside their host machines. Both versions of RSLinx are configured exactly the same. There are multiple Topics(7) to each OPC Server. On TagServer2 if I run an OPC test client, I get "Invalid Data" from only one topic. The other six topics function fine.
I can browse the resource in the via RSWho and drill down to the processors (redundant CLX processor via SRM).

TagServer1 runs without issue.

What am I missing?
I can ping both ENBT's
I can see both redundant processors in RSWho
The topic is configured exactly the same on working TagServer.
All other topics are working perfectly.

I've tried setting the topic to the other processor.
I've tried setting the topic over the two redundant networks.
Rebooting the bad TagServer.
I even created a "test" topic to test against.

This only becomes an issue if TagServer1 fails, then HMIs fail to TagServer2, which mostly works, minus the one resource.

I tried the knowledgebase and didn't find any suitable answers.

When you run the OPC test client, are you connecting to the FT Gateway OPC server, or RS-Linx (i.e., licensed OEM or Pro)? The comment about browsing with RSWho implies RS-Linx classic is involved.

This would not be necessary with CLX data sources, which can use FT/RS-Linx Enterprise with FT Gateway.

Sorry about the late reply.

I haven't been able to fix this issue.
It is RSLinx Classic Gateway
The OPC Test Client is connecting directly to its RSLinx Gateway OPC/DDE Topics.
o_O

Can you try a new topic name?
Are you having issue with only PLC connection ,
Can you post of images of your setup

hello, did you solve this issue?
i have same case, my RSLinx Classic can reach the controller but when i tried to read the data via OPC Client the result has "invalid data". i use the ETHIP Driver on RSWho to connect RSLogix5000, this configuration is existing and the data reads normally (good), but suddenly the data becomes bad.

I tried to re-create the Topic Configuration and re-config the driver but it's not working, the more anomaly in my case is the RSLinx Enterprise can reads the data normally.

any suggestion for solving this? thanks in advance