1746-bas

skeendw

I am trying to program a 1747-M2 EEPROM in a 1746-BAS module. I can download the program and I enter "PROG" and it says successful. I can use the XFER command and then "ROM" and then "RUN" and the program executes. My problem is, when I lose power, the BAS won't run the program from the EEPROM. I have to use the laptop to log back in and XFER the program into RAM and then RUN. I tried using PROG2, turn the power off and back on, still won't run the program once power is restored.

From memory you have to set the jumpers on JW3 for EEProm
There are also commands to select the program from EEProm ram etc. and to run them I also believe there are commands to write to EEProm
Things like PROG, PROG1, 2, RUN, TXFER etc. I suggest you read the info in the manual. It has been many years since I used this module so a little rusty but from memory check these commands out.

Thank you for the information. I have read the manual, over and over. I might be entering the commands in the wrong order, but I know PROG works, I know the program is in the EEPROM. I can do a XFER and ROM, then RUN and the program runs. I can get every command to work, but when the PLC loses power and it's restored, I have to go back into the program with the laptop to get the program to run again. I have 3 other machines with the same setup, and all of them restore the program after powerup.

Have you looked at the jumpers on JW3, I'm sure that has something to do with where it loads the program from.

I found the problem with the BAS module not running the program after power is restored. I used a new BAS module with a new 1747-M2 EEPROM
Once I downloaded the program into the BAS module, I did a PROG which saved the program to the EEPROM. Then I did a PROG2, telling the BAS module to execute the first program stored in the EEPROM. The trick to using the PROG2 command is the JW4. If JW4 is set to "PRT1 Port – Program port with default communication settings" PROG2 will not allow the BAS module to execute the program in the EEPROM when power is restored. So, JW4 has to be set "PRT1 Port – Program port with programmed communication
settings" and that fixed my problem 🍻