An interesting read

/sarcasm
ladderlogicworld and structuredtextworld are battling for market dominance and advertizing in the webworld of PLC programming information.
instructionlistworld is falling behind these two leaders.
sarcasm/

I am not so impressed with the quality of the presented information.
In the list of manufacturers, who is RS Automation and RS Enterprises ?
And in the market share ranking list, B&R are both #8 and #11. Well done.

Dig into the information for each manufacturer, and it is extremely superficial, or plain wrong.
It appears that Beckhoff manufactures these PLCs:
Beckhoff C60 Ultra-compact Industrial PC
Beckhoff X61-69 Control cabinet Industrial PC
Beckhoff C70 Ultra-compact Industrial PC in IP 65/67
What about CX7000, CX8000, CX9000, CX1000, .... ?

Someone has just mindlessly lifted information from the various brands websites without knowing anything about them.

edit:
Finally someone has answered the question, what is the difference between fixed, modular and distributed PLCs:
https://ladderlogicworld.com/plc-architecture/
When this question appears (again) on this forum, I can link to that page.

Last edited:
I like the Top 25 - lists Bosch and Schneider above Rockwell for PLC sales.

I'm guessing those sales totals are corporate wide and not PLC related. Bosch sells a lot of Rexroth and Indramat servo controllers, but not really too many PLCs.

I like the Top 25 - lists Bosch and Schneider above Rockwell for PLC sales.

I'm guessing those sales totals are corporate wide and not PLC related.

They say as much -- the list is ranked by 'Industrial Automation Net Annual Sales Revenue'

Honeywell at #11, what a joke. Honeywell has nearly zero market share. PLCs are just an accessory for their DCS accounts.

Their Masterlogic is a private label Korean box, Controledge is just cutting its teeth as a new introduction, its share rack and I/O with a DCS CPU.

In reality Honeywell should be last on the list.