AB 755 on GE Profinet

JM216S14

I've been struggling for a week or so trying to get a Allen Bradley 755 with a 20-750-PNET20P to talk to a GE RX3I. Has anyone ever accomplished this? Is it even possible, I'm completely stumped.

I've uploaded the GSDML file as a TXT

Thanks in advance!

I have run a syntax check with the PROFINET GSD checker and there is a warning but this should not affect the configuration of the Profinet controller. What error is the engineering tool of the GE RX3I giving you? Is it possible to get an Ethernet tap and get a Wireshark trace?

I have zero experience with AB 755, 20-750-PNET20P, and GE RX3I. But I do have a bit of experience with Profinet.

You need to provide more information about what you have done, and where it fails.
Have you been following some guide for configuring the 20-750-PNET20P ? Any error or status messages on the AB side ?
Are you also doing the GE side ? What has been done on the GE side ?
Does the GE PN IO controller have diagnostics that says something about the status of the 20-750-PNET20P as PN IO Device ? If so, are there error messages ?

Not knowing where you are I'll start from the Beginning. Providing you have the IC695PNC001 controller and not the PNS. After Installing and Adding the Controller to the Rack and configure IP address and in the Properties tab you click on Reference Variable and create the variable for the controller. Then Add a PinoDev Instruction and Add the Profinet Variable to the top of the PinoDev Instruction. Then right click the IC695PNC001 and Add I/O device and import your GSDML. Once that is Imported assign the IPaddress and give it a Name in the properties tab or leave default your choice and create the Reference Variable (Just click on the window by the reference Variable and a drop down window will occur and create Variable. Once created add that Variable to the bottom PinoDev Instruction and add assigning bool like in the Picture. This will establish coms and you will have a communication reference after you configure your Flex module. After all that is done and it is downloaded to controller. Using Ethernet and connecting laptop with same network as you configured in the PNC you use the launch discovery tool in Proficy and using the correct network adapter you assign your Ip address and Your Device Name. Sometimes all you need to do is assign the name and it finds the ip address if you configured the drive correctly first. Once the drives Name and Ip Address are correct in the launch discovery window it should have a green check mark and in the proficy Pino Dev instruction while online it will be green. Hopefully I haven't missed any steps. Thats the easy part.. Looks like it uses Cyclic Messages so this will be trial and error as I haven't done the 20-750 PNET but did a Emotron and its close. In the Emotron I could not get the Module to communicate correctly intel I Added the same output addresses as the input even though they weren't being used. Not sure if you need to add all the Dlink but once you establish correct coms adding the I/O is done right click on your Created module in proficy and Change Module List this is where you add the I/O and then you create the correct Variable and addressing. I attached some screen shots. Hope it helps.

datalink.PNG emochpr.PNG emotron.PNG