Install Studio 5000 V31.00.01 (CPR 9 SR 10) on disk other than C:

doomsword

When starting installation of Studio 5000 I get option to install it on C: disk as default. When I change it to disk D: I see that it still wants to install some parts of Studio 5000 software on disk C:. Since I don't have enough space on disk C: I would prefer to install it fully on disk D:, where I have relatively a lot of space.

I don't see any options left for me to select, is it not possible to install it anywhere but on C:?

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
In my experience installing anything on anything other than C: is just a pain in the bum. Disk space is so cheap, is it worth faffing about with other than getting a bigger c:?

My company provided me with a laptop where C: is where Windows are installed and pretty much nothing else can fit there. I never had issues with installing necessary software on D:, all Siemens stuff is there and never had any problem.

This now is making me a headache, I blame it more on the guy who did partitioning of this laptop than on anything else.

It's not just Rockwell. When almost any program is installed if the program files are put on another disk it can still put a significant amount of files in the \ProgramData, \Program Files\Common, (user)\Documents, Windows\System and other 'standard' folders.

I fixed the problem by repartitioning my SSD. Until now I was using VM with Studio 5000 which I put on D:, like the_msp wrote. Problem was that I needed second VM for HMI, and running it from external hard disk was painfully slow and also making VM with Studio 5000 running slower.

So I installed most of Studio 5000 on C:, something is on D, since I think I should leave some empty space on C:.