Stratix 5700 Fiber - No Comms

terry56

I have a couple of A-B Stratix 5700 10 port switches, mounted about 500 Feet apart. The link between these two is Fiber.
Now, last week I linked up the two switches using Fiber.
I HAVE NO COMMS.
(1) Yes, I can see red Lights in one of Fiber pairs in the SFP Module plugged into each Statix.
(2) Yes, I can see red lights in one of Fiber pairs if I look into the far end of the Fiber.
(3) Yes, one transmitting Fiber goes to one receiving.
(4) Copper ports work OK.

ANY CLUES??

Have you went online with the switch to see if the fiber ports are enabled and set for fiber and not copper?

Are you using or is there anything plugged into the copper port directly next to the SFP port if so it won't work because this is 1 port it's just that it can be fiber or copper but both can't be used at the same time?

Is the SFP correct? many times people will try to use 3 party Cisco compatible SFP because it's cheaper and I have had issues where they would not work on a Stratix switch or a normal Cisco switch for that matter.

Is your fiber Multimode or Single mode? make sure you have the matching SFP and that it's set correctly in the switch.

Might want to reach out to Rockwell tech support, the Stratix 5700 was very problematic due to ****-poor firmware.

Make sure you have the latest firmware, then talk to Rockwell or your distributor. We had all sorts of problems with these things.

Thanks guys, but I have now resolved my issue..

It was that the Stratix 5700 Fiber ports were "dead".
For some reason, both Fiber ports are dead.
SFP modules are OK.
I put Stratix onto a known working fiber and it still would not work.
I went back to "Factory Default" and it still had both Fiber ports dead.
I have returned the unit to Rockwell.