SLC500 file handling

sailor99

I've just discovered this site. Fantastic.
Looking for help with file manipulation on a slc5/04.
I have a barcode scanner linked to a devicenet bus. The scanned 22 character ASCII result goes to M4:1.0 then copied to N14:0. The file length is 16. How do I convert this to a string and load the result into a FFL and what would be the max. len of the FFL.
Thanks.

I'm not terribly familiar with the FFL/FFU instructions but, I'm pretty sure they're designed to manipulate groups of 16-bit words like those in integer files, not strings. You'll probably have resort to indirect addressing to get where you're going.

Thanks for replying Doug. I was searching for an easier solution to a tedious programming issue. You are correct, FFL/FFU's can only work with integer files. I have to break the ASCII code down into single integer files and then reassmble them into 4 digit integers and load the integer files into parallel FFL,s. Then I'll do multiple
compares.