Controllogix GSV scan time: Will STI time be incl. in Main Program time?

wildswing

Hey fellas,

Just curious. If I set up a GSV in my RSLogix 5000 main program for a ControlLogix processor to get last or max scan time, will the returned number include the time taken while interrupted by the STI, that is, does the clock continue to run while it's off doing the STI or will the clock pause while it's off processing the STI?

Basically, I'm looking for total scan time.

Last edited:
The GSV can read the Task or Program execution time, and it returns the real-time it took to execute the Task or Program.

So, in answer to your question, yes, the times will include anything else the processor has to contend with, so you will get the overall Task or Program execution time.

Incidentally, the STI in ControlLogix are called Periodic Tasks, you can have many of them all triggered at different rates.

In ControlLogix, you can have 32 tasks in total, if you use one (and most people do), you can only have 1 Continuous or Cyclic task.

Last edited:
TY, it is an animated .GIF, but they don't work on here...

PM me with your email, you can have it....