Panelview

sweety616

thank you guys for all the help. I connected a 24 V DC power supply off of a PLC rack. I am not sure if the panelview is powered up. I do not see a turn ON button anywhere. How do I turn it on?

my second question is, I need to download a program from my lap top to the panelview. How do I do it? How do I transfer the program from my computer to the terminal? What is the transfer type I use? I connected a serial cable between the RS232 port and the serial port on my lap top. I got an error message stating "check the printer port of your terminal"

Please help. Thanks as always

sweety616 said:
thank you guys for all the help. I connected a 24 V DC power supply off of a PLC rack. I am not sure if the panelview is powered up. I do not see a turn ON button anywhere. How do I turn it on?

my second question is, I need to download a program from my lap top to the panelview. How do I do it? How do I transfer the program from my computer to the terminal? What is the transfer type I use? I connected a serial cable between the RS232 port and the serial port on my lap top. I got an error message stating "check the printer port of your terminal"

Please help. Thanks as always

A good place to start: literature.rockwellautomation.com
From there, download the user manual for the kind of panelview that you are using.
You will find answers to all of your questions in it.

I'm a little concerned about the Panelview doing NOTHING. After powering up, recheck the 24 volts. The supply from a rack is not usually all that large. Verify that the rack can supply the amps needed by the display. Otherwise, get and read the manual as suggested. The manual should also give instructions on how to get the Panelview into a setup mode.

The panelview i have here at the office is a panelview 1500 and as soon as you put power on it, mine comes on right away there's no on button. So if nothing happenes when you plug it in there may be a problem with the 24V ps or the panelview itself.