Adding IP Camera to PV+7

robw53

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience in setting up an IP camera to display on a PanelView Plus? I haven't purchased any hardware yet, and just thought I would see if it's been done successfully.

I was hoping to use something like a Swann camera rather than a Cognex style as these won't be cheap.

Regards

Rob

It depends on the way you access the camera. If it is through a browser then PanelView probably wont work as the browser has no java or other scripting capabilities. But if your camera comes with an Active X control it may work with the PanelView. All you can do is try it and see if PanelView will allow the Active X.

Has anyone had any experience in setting up an IP camera to display on a PanelView Plus? I haven't purchased any hardware yet, and just thought I would see if it's been done successfully.

I found a RA KB 808536 that talks about accessing data/images for a temperature sensor camera that might be of some help.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/808536

This applies to PanelView Plus 6 700 - 1500 and PanelView Plus 7 Performance terminals. Using ActiveX controls to launch web page access HTML 5 in Windows CE 6.0 with Zetakey web browser http://www.zetakey.com/download.php

I know it can be done because we have that exact setup on a couple of our lines. But I had nothing to do with the setup for it, so beyond knowing that it is possible, I can't help you.

Bubba.