Powerbuilder and RS View32

sweety616

Dear Friends:
I am not sure if this question is relevant in this forum. But I have a situation here. A PLC program was developed to capture some important real-time machine data on some of our high speed packaging lines. I built the panels through which the operator enters the data. I need to capture that data using RS View32 and powerbuilder. I created tags for all the required information and created VBA script in RSView. How do I transfer this data into my powerbuilder database. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank You
Sweety

Sweety,

One of the easiest ways is, in your VBA program, set up the DIMension, Tag variables, and Print Format, then "Print" to a *.csv file, which can be read by a database or spreadsheet program. See attached example VBA file (Word format).

Once the file is created, with all Tags that you wish to transfer, then you can open this same csv-type file with Powerbuilder. One of the limitations is that you must not have the Powerbuilder file open when RSView tries to write to it. The attached program gets around this difficulty by creating a new data file once a day at midnight, then writes new data once a minute. As long as any user only looks at yesterday's data, there is never a problem. If users need to see today's data, you will have to add a file-sharing routine, or create a new file more often, perhaps once an hour, then let users only view previous hour's data.

Last edited: