Triggering inputs/outputs via network

sweety616

A program was developed that collects downtime on all the machines on the floor. This program needs the information whether each machine is powered up or not. The program is set-up in such a way that it is getting this information from data highway network. All the machines are on data highway network. I am unable to understand how this set-up works ie how to trigger inputs/outputs via data highway or any other network without physically conencting the inputs/outputs to the I/O card.

Similar Topics

In my lab we are using Controllogix plcs and RS 5000 for programming the PLCS. We have one PLC on a skid, and one PLC at our workbench and we...
Replies
Views
Whenever my vfd kicks in it makes a few inputs come on and fault out my program. I am using everything AD. vfd is not in the plc panel, but...
Replies
Views
In Connected Components Workbench, using ladder logic, is there a relatively simple way to trigger something to happen repeatedly at a regular...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I am looking at a valve position which has been scaled for an operator HMI. The valve position is in 0-100% shown to the operator for...
Replies
Views
I have established communication with a sensor via ASCII protocol using the Micro-850 PLC. I have a program which writes to the sensor using an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom