micrologix bit shift

khewes

Hello,

I cannot seem to figure out the bit shift left in my ladder logic. i want to shift left 60 bits each time. Anyone have any advice?

or i at least want my register to shift in decimal order, not just add ones continuously. does anyone have any idea? or need to see any code? I could really use the help ive been scratching my head all afternoon getting no where...

Zip and post what you have, I'm sure someone can help. It has been a long time since I have used the BSL instruction. There might be a better way to move 60 bits at a time, depending what you are trying to do. Below is a link for a sequencer program that might do for an example. I have attached a pdf in case you don't have LogixPro.
Link:
http://www.plcs.net/downloads/index...lename=sequencer.rsl&directory=Allen_Bradley&

Last edited:
With a ML1000 you can shift up to 1680 bits at a time(length parameter).

See pdf.Instruction manual for the BSL

What micrologix are you using?

i guess i misspoke. I want to increment by the decimal value 60. which in binary is 0011 1100. Im struggling to move anything but 1s. I will give a look at the attachments you guys posted, and if I have further questions I will repost.

also, micrologix 1000

Thank you.

I was way overthinking this problem. I ended up using a counter to keep my numbers in decimals and a multiplier to move them by 60. THANK YOU guys sooo much! MICKEY and JRWB4GBM and DOUG-P. your questions made me realize i was going about this all wrong, and the pdfs you sent helped me find a solution. I love PLCtalk.net

It's always a good idea to post the solution. Just print it to a pdf file or zip and post the program by attaching it to the thread.