I have retired!

Congratulations Peter, enjoy your retirement, I retired 2 years ago (well from work), you will find plenty to do my other half keeps me busy doing all those jobs I said I would do lol, but I cannot remove the thrill of programming so I do it now as a hobby, that's why I'm still on here. I hope you still log on occasionally your knowledge is highly regarded here. Best of luck.🍻

Well done, Peter! Like so many others, I have been blessed by your postings and answered questions on this forum and elsewhere. I look forward to hearing from you as you check in.

Congrats! Your my hero! Very familiar with the Artic Fox. Friends have a 990 and Ford 1 ton dually. Looking at a Nash with the Off the Grid package now and plan on semi retiring as soon as I can! Enjoy!

Congratulations Peter,
you have been my first mentor in the practical controls. Thanks to you, I have managed to really improve my understanding of the control systems theory and to make connections to the real world control applications. That was 15 years ago. You inspired me to pursue a career in automation and controls where I still work today as I&C maintenance engineer.
I had a pleasure of meeting you in person and visiting your great company.

Again, thank you for everything! Enjoy your retirement, but never stop sharing your immense knowledge.

Where from?
https://deltamotion.com/other/designguide/register.php

Actually, I am supposed to be working on a 4th version of the Design Guide. The next version will be augmented by some of the articles I have written the last 2 years for Hydraulics and Pneumatics. The last two years of articles are gold if you are going to design hydraulic servo systems. That is something to keep me occupied when I get bored or in the camper late at night.

Someone pointed out about 5 months ago that I did get inducted in to the International Fluid Power Society Hall of Fame. That happened last June.

Congratulations Peter,
you have been my first mentor in the practical controls. Thanks to you, I have managed to really improve my understanding of the control systems theory and to make connections to the real world control applications. That was 15 years ago. You inspired me to pursue a career in automation and controls where I still work today as I&C maintenance engineer.
I had a pleasure of meeting you in person and visiting your great company.

Again, thank you for everything! Enjoy your retirement, but never stop sharing your immense knowledge.

I remember when Pandiani presented a control problem here. I could tell the problem was contrived. A few years back we used Skype to talk about controls. We would talk for about 1 hour.
I could share my screen and show my Mathcad files.

Pandiani and Norm Dziedic are the only one that really have any clue as to what I really do or can do.

Congrats! Your my hero! Very familiar with the Artic Fox. Friends have a 990 and Ford 1 ton dually. Looking at a Nash with the Off the Grid package now and plan on semi retiring as soon as I can! Enjoy!
I looked at a Nash 17K. It has a regular queen size bed, 80", whereas most trailers have only full size beds, 75". I am tall and my feed would hang over the end of the bed. Also, the Arctic Fox 990 is more portable. I have camped in places that reqire 4 wheel ( 6 wheel with the dually ) drive to get to and would almost impossible to get a trailer there. The down side is that the Arctic Fox 990 cost twice as much as the Nash 17K and it required a 1 ton dually. Just about anything could pull a Nash17K. So I paid a lot more for the ability to camp in more remote places in the sticks. I have a Garmin satellite phone in case I get into trouble. I have 170W of solar power that will last 2 days without running the generator in the winter time. In the summer the solar panels keep the batteries charged.

When the lead acid batteries fail I plan to replace them with LiFePo batteries from Renergy or Battle Born.

I like being able to sleep in without worrying about the alarm clock.

I like being able to sleep in without worrying about the alarm clock.

for about two weeks after I first retired I'd go ahead and set the alarm clock just like I always did - but just turn it off when it woke me up in the morning ... then I'd roll over and just go back to sleep ... my wife finally asked me why I even messed with it ... simple answer: it made me feel like I was getting away with something ...

hope you enjoy the retirement thing ... it's been almost two years for me so far - and I'm still trying to get used to it ...

be safe - be well ...

I am 67. It is time.
I have a truck/camper. I have a Ram 3500 dually and a Arctic Fox 990. I will travel around looking for a good place to retire to. So far Washington state has been OK but I am willing to move.

dang. You were one of the best. good luck.

@ganitenator. I will still be around when I have internet.
I never did figure out what a ganutenator is.
Also, haven't you moved a few times over the years?
You have been around a while too.

I think a lot of people don't realize that plcs.net started at least as far back as 1999. The old version was red or pink and blue.
2002 is when Phil changed the forum software to what you see today.