How to change the IP address on a Micrologix 1400 using Rslogix 500

samvivi7

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey everyone,

i have a very very stupid stupid question.
How do i change the IP address on Micrologix 1400 using Rslogix 500. i know how to do it suing the display but i want to do it through Rslogix 500.

Thanks for the help.

Sam.

Go to Channel configuration, Channel 1, uncheck the BootP/DHCP tickbox, edit the IP and subnet mask fields (gateway too if necessary), then apply the changes.

If you do this while online, you may have to stop the CPU and then you may get kicked offline after the changes are applied if your PC is no longer on the same network as the new settings in the PLC.

If you do this offline, you will need to download to the PLC to have it take effect.

After you get it changed, POWER CYCLE THE PLC. It may appear to work fine without power cycling, but trust me, you may run into weird communication issues if you don't perform that last step.

ml1400 ch config.png

Go to Channel configuration, Channel 1, uncheck the BootP/DHCP tickbox, edit the IP and subnet mask fields (gateway too if necessary), then apply the changes.

If you do this while online, you may have to stop the CPU and then you may get kicked offline after the changes are applied if your PC is no longer on the same network as the new settings in the PLC.

If you do this offline, you will need to download to the PLC to have it take effect.

After you get it changed, POWER CYCLE THE PLC. It may appear to work fine without power cycling, but trust me, you may run into weird communication issues if you don't perform that last step.

Man you're a lifesaver!!
Thank you so much! really appreciate it.