PLC introduction manual in french

neerajpuranik

Dear Friends,
I have to train my technicians & electricians the basics of PLC as soon we will be having new PLC based edible oil refinary. These people have very little or no knowledge of PLC. So before giving them training of Siemens S7-400 & Step 7 I would like to organise a detailed PLC introduction prog. They are all french speaking guys & my command on french is not good. I searched google for PLC ebooks available in french but so far got only one

http://perso.orange.fr/geea.org2/IMG/pdf/LES_AUTOMATES_PROGRAMMABLES_INDUSTRIELS_pour_GEEA.pdf

will any one of you can direct me to a nice PLC ebook ( like Automatic Manufacturing System with PLCs by HUGH JACK )if available on net in french language.

Last edited:
Here's a link to the Siemens training manual download site

Click here

The manuals here are in French, if you want to review them in English first, select English language at the top of the page.

Paul

Dear friends,
I have STEP 7, which has the facility of loading in various languages and u get whole lot of manuals in the same language with it. Teaching them directly from Siemens manual is the easiest way but it will go why high over their heads if they simpely don't understand concepts of PLC. I may be wrong because it is individuals ability to learn and differs from person to person but I am thinking this keeping my own experiance in mind. Although I studied little PLC in classroom refering to PROCESS AUTOMATION by Bela G Liptak, I actully got real knowledge after going through ebook like Automatic Manufacturing System with PLCs by HUGH JACK ( that was after working on Yaskawa U84 PLC for some time )
If any ebook like this is available in french which explains concepts of PLC in general & with simplicity I would like to grab the opportunity.

Hello neerajpuranik;

I feel for you; having done all my technical education in a french-speaking university in Quebec, I know how hard it is to find documentation in French that is both readable and reliable. We seem to have a repulsion for manuals from France, their mindset and vocabulary is too theoretical (practical things like wiring diagrams and programming issues should be handled by technicians, don't you know, we engineers handle the high-brow stuff!).
In any case, here is a site I have used sometimes, with links to french manuals from different manufacturers of PLCs, vision systems and drives.
http://www.bh-automation.fr/Ressources/Pour-les-automaticiens/Documentation-constructeurs.html

And here links to documents on the rpinciples of Automation:
http://www.bh-automation.fr/Ressources/Pour-les-automaticiens/Automatismes.html

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
Thanks friends for immance help enabling me to get PLC introduction manuals in french. Two manuals I would like to mention are:

1. LES AUTOMATES PROGRAMMABLES INDUSTRIELS by Alain GONZAGA
2. AUTOMATISATION INDUSTRIELLE by Bernard SCHNEIDER et Alain BEURET

& meanwhile I am also trying to procure hardcopy of book proposed by RSDOREN from Belgium.
Thanks again friends.