AB servo via Dnet

Steve Kemp

Good day all.

Whilst not new to servos and with one (discrete i/o) Dnet application under my belt, I am now faced with the challenge of establishing communications between an SLC500 and an AB 3000i servo drive via a Dnet scanner. I've previously used GE-Fanuc (9030) plc/servo combinations, sending position, speed and homing data via move commands, etc. Is the AB approach similar? I understand "M" files are required as an intermediary, but the rslogix help library seems less than helpful. The application requires many positions and adjustments, so I'm not able to pre-program set moves into the drive. Any pointers or traps to avoid would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve.

Similar Topics

Dear Friends, We have a setting machine in which 20 Parker Servo Drives and motors (name plate images attached) used to place the tools at...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm currently working on a servo motor linear positioning system (ball screw). I'm all set up regarding communication between my HMI...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am having a machine with old 802d sl siemens controller. I am trying to tune servo by Siemens starter software. Anyone experienced...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm thinking about using commands for Melservo J5 controller via HMI without PLC. Have you guys done this kind of control configuration for...
Replies
Views
Is it possible for me to tuning 2 servo at the same time, because this servo is connected by mechanical so I'm afraid that I need to tuning them...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom