ICOM SLC Logicistics 100/150 Software

Steve Crotty

I need to upload a program from an old SLC 150. I found some software from ICOM SLC Logicistics (V2.09). My laptop is running WinXP Pro, and I seem to be able to open up the software and navigate, but I dont want to get to site and find out it wont work. Does anybody know about any issues running this software with the dos emulator in XP? Is there a better software I should be using?

My Comm kit will include a 1745-PCC and 1745-C1, which I think is correct, the PLC has a Large DIN style connector on it.

Any other "gotcha's" about the SLC 150 would be appreciated too.

Thanks,

Find an older computer, if possible, with a real RS232 serial port and with windows 98 second edition or older to take with you as a backup plan.

I seconed what jrwb4gbm said about the RS232 port. The 1745PCC is not going to work with a USB to serial adaptor. And the SLC100 software wants to directly manipulate the serial port, something WinXP will not let you do, even in Win98/DOS compatability mode.

Ths SLC150 is a really old PLC and it has a much simpler instruction set than the SLC500s. It does not use I, O, B, C, T, N files. 7xx addresses are internal bits, 8xx are specialty instructions 9xx are timers and counters.

Here is a link to the manual on the AB web site. Download it.
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1745-um001_-en-p.pdf