Omron data memory file conversion

fairfaxjim

I am trying to convert an Omron Syswin 3.4 format program to CX-Programmer, and then convert the PLC type within CX-programmer. I first converted the C60H PLC to a C200HG within Syswin. I then successfully converted the Syswin C200HG ladder program to a CX-Programmer .cxt text file using the conversion utility, then saved it from CX-Programmer to a project .cxp file. I am now attempting to import the data memory file (*.ddm) from Syswin to the D data window in the converted CX-Programmer. Since the Syswin .ddm file has data memory as DM, and the CJ1 uses data memory as D, I get a "The file contains an entry for "DM" which does not exist on this PLC/CPU type" "These memory areas will not be displayed."

I have even tried to hack the header in the .ddm file to change it from DM to D, without success. Since Syswin doesn't have any PLC types that use the D for data memory, I can't simply fool it by changing the PLC type and resaving the data memory.

Anybody got a clue if I can get DM formatted data into a D formatted PLC?

Gotta love that Omron and their half way conversion program.

Try to open two instances of CX Programmer.

In first instance, open the C200HG project. In this project open the 'Memory' component and import DDM file in DM area.

In the second instance, open the CJ1 project. In this project open the memory component and display D area. Now copy and paste from the DM area of first instance to this D area
SVN

Try to open two instances of CX Programmer.

In first instance, open the C200HG project. In this project open the 'Memory' component and import DDM file in DM area.

In the second instance, open the CJ1 project. In this project open the memory component and display D area. Now copy and paste from the DM area of first instance to this D area
SVN

Thanks, that worked. Still think Omron could make things a little more compatible between upgrades. But, I've been working with this stuff through SSS, LSS, CPT, Syswin, CX-Programmer, and now have no more hair to lose. :)