GE LM9070 cannot file changes

jdbrandt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Any LogicMaster 90-70 guys know about this one?

I attempt to edit a rung ONLINE,and receive the
following messages:
(S44) Requested PLC operation failed
(S47) Insufficient PLC user memory for completion

If I insert or modify a rung, no problem.
So, this is my workaround.

And, of course, i have plenty of memory.
This is a CPX 772 processor.

And, I´d normally call GE support, but I´m in
the field (to say the least), and telephone service
is not exactly close at hand, cheap, or reliable
enough...

The way the 90-70 handles changes while the processor is running is to first download the program block to available memory and then change the 'start of program' pointer. That way it can take as long as it needs to download without having to interrupt program execution and I/O updates.

There are a couple of possibilities. First, if your application is one large _MAIN program (no subroutines), and you've used more than half of the avaliable memory in the CPU, you don't have enough memory left to download the modified program while the original program is still running. Even if your application is broken down into subroutines, if the size of the subroutine to be modified exceeds the available memory, you'll have the same problem. If you have been doing a lot of online modifications, the memory can get fragmented. The 90-70 does a defrag when you perform a program download while the CPU is stopped.

perish the thought

Steve...now really, who writes all-in-one _MAIN anymore???
:)

Seriously, thanks for the info. You are right, in that
downloading does solve the problem.

The thing that is a mystery is that my program and data
table is about 50k, and the total memory is 512k.

Yes, my subroutines are large, and, maybe thats the prob.

Anyway, plcs.net comes through again...