1734-OB8E Output Card Issue

Denofar

Hi All,

I have a strange issue with a Point IO output card. Brief description of the system....

Compact Logix L35E Processor

Point IO Rack;

Slot 0 1734-AENT Point IO Communication Module
Slot 1 1734-IB8 Digital Input 24vdc 8 points
Slot 2 1734-OB8E Digital Output 24vdc 8 points
Slot 3 1734-IE2C Analog Input 4-20ma 2 points

All point IO modules are mounted in 1734-MB/1734-RTB bases/terminals

The AENT, IB8 and the IE2C are all appear to function correctly. The input card and the analog card are sending data to the PLC with no problem. The module status light and network status light on the OB8E are solid green (as are the other cards).

I can trigger an output on the OB8E however, I am not getting 24vdc to the from the terminal. I tried changing the base and terminal block under the OB8E. Placing a meter from the 0vdc to any terminal on the OB8E (triggered or not) I am seeing 8.9 VDC.

I am a bit perplexed...

Gary