help with SIEMENS software & trial for newbie

leonlai

Hi everyone,

I'm going to start working with an all-SIEMENS project !
So what software I should go ? I tried their website and has been overwhelm by their Massive products which made me so confused !

In short, Siemens Panel I will use will similiar to Autodirect Panel 8" TFT with Ethernet / and Siemens PLC will simmiliar to Micrologix 1400 (I think)

So is that the software I need will be
1) HMI: SIMATIC WinCC ?? but WinCC what ? TIA Portal- Engineer/Runtime/ or SCADA SIMAITC WInCC ??? (I read about WinCC comfort for Simens Panel Comfort, so what exactly the Software name ???)
2) PLC: STEP-7 Micro/Basic/Profess or SIMATIC S7 ? What different about them

I tried to look for a Demo Software ... but cannot locate on their website !

Thank

For HMI there is WinCC Flex and the full WinCC, for the PLC there is MicroWin, Step 7 and Portal.

Without knowledge on the actual PLC and HMI, you can't tell.

A guess would be WinCC Flex and Step 7.