Siemens Cannot Connect To PLC

JDCROCKETT724

I am trying to connect to my plc to go online with it, but I receive the following error. I can ping the PLC, but nothing from step 7. I have V5.5 + SP3. Anyone have any ideas? I have been connected before without a problem.

error.JPG ping.JPG

Hello,
Have you chose the right interface for communication on simatic manager ?
The image that you have attached looks like you're using a wrong interface.
Regards.

Make sure the IP address of your PC matches the IP address of the PLC.
Enter it manually in your TCPIP settings as 192.168.1.10 for example.
Disable the automatic IP address.

Open your set PG/PC Interface and make sure you have the correct adapter selected and that it says <Active> after it. You could also try switching your WiFi off to avoid any conflict.

Genius! I was playing with the Simulator and it automatically changed the interface to the to that. I guess you have to manually change it back. Thanks everyone.

Hello,

I think that happens when you close PLCSIM program yourself. When you use the cloud-button in Simatic Manager to close it, it should revert back to the old settings