Siemens Logo8 cmr is too expensive for me

Prince

My customer wants to install many small remote IOs and then connect them to Node-red, Python or C++. I suggested them to use a Logo8 plc instead, I bought one Logo8 basic then connected it by ethernet and it worked very good with Python and Node-red. But the network security people are telling me that it can not be trusted on the internet. They say that the logo8 CMR module with DynDNS and OpenVPN will be secure enough. This will multiply the price tag by 5. I may have hundreds of this so it cannot be the solution.

I need a Remote IO, very robust with IO spec close to Logo8 and I need to control it securely through the Internet, and I want to have it less than 35$. Do you have any suggestions?

My customer wants to install many small remote IOs and then connect them to Node-red, Python or C++. I suggested them to use a Logo8 plc instead, I bought one Logo8 basic then connected it by ethernet and it worked very good with Python and Node-red. But the network security people are telling me that it can not be trusted on the internet. They say that the logo8 CMR module with DynDNS and OpenVPN will be secure enough. This will multiply the price tag by 5. I may have hundreds of this so it cannot be the solution.

I need a Remote IO, very robust with IO spec close to Logo8 and I need to control it securely through the Internet, and I want to have it less than 35$. Do you have any suggestions?

$35? no. Maybe an arduino?