Date and Time info are lost after power outage in Micro850 PLC

ahaanwar2

Hi there,

I am having trouble with saving Data Log in Micro850 AB PLC. The data log requires date and time information to function properly.

When I tried to switch off and back on the PLC, I found that the time and date info are lost and back to 1st Jan 2000 at 00:00.

Is there any kind of enternal/external module that will save the date and time info, even after power outage.

I read about RTC module but couldn't find enough information to confirm that it will perform the function motioned?

PS: Yes, the PLC has UPS. However, it is not confirmed that the UPS wil prevent PLC from shutting down as the PLC is placed on top of mountain to monitor water tank level.

Please help.:confused: