Unable to communicate between Versamax Micro and Redlion Data Station Plus

Bilbo1161

Can anyone help me getting this comms connection set up?

I am using Port 2 on the Versamax ICU200UDR005-DK, set in SNP with port settings
Baud Rate 19k2
Stop Bits 1
Parity Odd
SNP ID 1

In the Redlion I am using SNP Master
Comms Settings 19k2
Baud Rate 19k2
Stop Bits 1
Parity Odd
SNP ID 1

Port Set to RS485 4 wire

I have made a cable up to run from the Redlion to Versamax as follows

Versamax 15 Pin D plug RedLion RJ45
7-----------------------------------------6
10 ---------------------------------------8
11----------------------------------------7
12----------------------------------------3
13----------------------------------------4

Using this configuration I cant appear to get any flicker of comms on the comms port indications.

Any help would be appreciated

The meaning of the VersaMax pin designations is not intuitive. They use the terms A and B for polarity where A is - and B is +. If the Red Lion uses + and - to designate polarity it is easy to get them connected wrong. I tend to think positive/negative corresponds to A/B, but that's wrong for the GE side.

I don't have the pinouts for the Red Lion at hand, but that's the first thing I'd check.

So on the GE side:
Pin 10 = Received data -
Pin 11 = Received data +
Pin 12 = Transmitted data -
Pin 13 = Transmitted data +

Red lion connections are
3 RxA
4 RxB
6 Ground
7 TxB
8 TxA

I think that makes the cable connections correct?

Could I be doing anything else wrong?