Panelview Plus 7 to DH+ via ENBT/DHRIO Bridge

Jinto

I am trying to set up the communications from a Panelview plus 7 to an SLC PLC on DH+ using a 1756-ENBT/1756-DHRIO bridge. Prior to V12 of FTview this was not possible but the technotes say that with V12 and Factorytalk Linx 6.2 it now is (technote QA3258). However I can't see how to add the SLC node to the communications configuration.

I can add the ENBT to the ethernet path and then add the DHRIO onto the ENBT backplane but there appears to be no option to add a device to the DHRIO so I am unable to put the target PLC in.

Has anybody else tried doing this?

Neat !

I asked for that feature in October 2003 and was told it was "coming soon", as part of the merging of Classic and FactoryTalk features.

Are you using the auto-browsing feature in FactoryTalk Linx to discover the Ethernet devices and then the 1756 chassis backplane and the 1756-DHRIO, or are you manually right-clicking and adding a device from the available hardware list ?

It might be that the software can only discover the DHRIO's DH+ ports when it's actually connected, rather than using the EDS file (or its internal hard-coded knowledge of the DHRIO) to know that there are DH+ ports.

If you can provide screenshots that would be excellent.

Hi Ken,

You are correct, after a lengthy time with tech support it seems that it is not possible to configure the comms offline.
As you suggested you need to be connected to a working configured DHRIO card before you can add the target node.
I was trying to set up a project in the office so had manually added the ENBT and DHRIO which it will allow you to do but couldn't add any nodes to the DH+ side of the DHRIO module.

They are updating the technote to explain this. As it's quite a new feature it took a while to get an answer on it as I don't think many of the tech guys have come across it yet.