AB L32 to L35 Serial Communication

I think they are very similiar processor, if memory serves and both have ethernet port. So why not go through ethernet?

Yes, I believe you can do serial to through DF1 by using a null-modem cable.

I think they are very similiar processor, if memory serves and both have ethernet port. So why not go through ethernet?

Yes, I believe you can do serial to through DF1 by using a null-modem cable.

They are on different networks and different gateways. One is connected to a dial in modem.

Yes, either of those controllers can send tag reads or writes to the other over the serial port. You would use an ordinary "null modem" cable with pins 2 and 3 swapped, like the 1747-CP3, or an equivalent serial link.

It would certainly get better performance if you bridged the IP networks instead, but if you can't or don't want to, that's fine.

They won't give you IP -> DF1 -> DF1 -> IP general protocol bridging, just controller-to-controller MSG instructions and some RSLinx/RSLogix functions.