Send ASCII characters Via 1734-232ASC

I think it's the other way around: top GRT; bottom LEQ.

Also, I just realized that top GRT-driven MOV should move 0 (not 1) to TxRecordNumber i.e. when rung starts with TxRecordNumber as 255, because bottom LEQ-driven MOV will then increment TxRecordNumber from 0 to 1.

Here is proof: only LEQ(val,N-1) on the bottom adding 1 to the counter, and GRT(val,N-1) on top MOVing zero into the counter, generates 1,2,...,N.

• 00incrementer_leq_top.RSS/.pdf has LEQ on the bottom and the GRT puts 1 into the counter
  • 01incrementer_leq_top_uploaded.RSS/.pdf is the previous .RSS after about sixty scans; the counter was never 3
  • 02incrementer_grt_top.RSS/.pdf has GRT on the top putting 1 into the counter
  • 03incrementer_grt_top_uploaded.RSS/.pdf is the previous .RSS after about sixty scans; counter was never 1
  • 04incrementer_grt_top.RSS/.pdf has GRT on the top putting 0 into the counter
  • 05incrementer_grt_top_uploaded.RSS/.pdf is the previous .RSS after about sixty scans; counter was all values 1 through 3.

And one more working approach that eliminates the necessity of coordinating operations downstream of parallel LEQ and GRT compares, at the cost of an extra instruction; see image below.

This could also be done with a counter, as long as the incrementing does not happen on two successive scans.

yyy.png

I checked the user manual (and will paste the important part as a screenshot).

Commands from the PLC to the pump should end with a Carriage Return byte.

Replies from the pump will end with an ETX, Carriage Return, and Line Feed.

In the traffic above, I don't see a Carriage Return byte (hex 0x0D) after the "/1AR".

Check your Termination settings in the 232ASC configuration and be sure that you've set the termination for "$R" from the selection pull-down, and enabled the Termination character for transmissions.

Would this be something i can change in the module configuration?

Thanks again

So i have updated the string to include the start and end transmission, but when i go to send to the unit no joy is there something i am missing on this with the bits,

would appreciate any advice on this thanks

updated string.PNG updated string 2.PNG

Somehow a 0x02 (hex) value has been put before the forward slash in your Command_Array[3] string.

The rest is correct; /1ZR<CR>

Make sure the forward slash is your first character.

Almost there !

Hi Ken,

Thanks for getting back to me, i have used a different array with the hex 02 removed see the response from the monitoring tool,
still no movement in the unit when go to send, so close to getting this 🔨

carriage return.PNG

Ken,

you are going to kill me, I had the Tx and Rx swapped as i had a lead plugged in for the monitoring tool, deleted the character at the front of the string moved the wires to the correct positions and it works perfect,

thanks so much for the help on this it nearly had me beat :geek:

I'm trying to send a command to enable the 1910i(Honeywell) scanner trough RS232 command.

On real terminal I was able to do so with the string \x16T\r\n

I try do that in a 1734-232ASC module but it doesn't work.

On tem manual of the scanner they say that I only need to send "SYN T CR" To do that I only need to write in the array to send in the first position "22", in the second"84" and in the third "13".

Can someone help me with the string, and data format to send to the scanner!?
Thanks.

On real terminal I was able to do so with the string \x16T\r\n

I try do that in a 1734-232ASC module but it doesn't work.

On tem manual of the scanner they say that I only need to send "SYN T CR" To do that I only need to write in the array to send in the first position "22", in the second"84" and in the third "13".

Can someone help me with the string, and data format to send to the scanner!?
Thanks.

after the third ("13"), send the fourth "10" i.e. a linefeed a.k.a. linefeed.