Logix Designer V31.00 downgrade to V30.00

matty-q

Hi Guys,

Im having a problem downgrading!!

I have a machine in Belguim, Im in the UK using remote access via eChecker.

The communication is fine, I can ping etc.

However, on my virtual machine I have Logix Designer V31.00, the PLC in belguim was designed on V30.00 and used the firmware 30.13.

I've tried to go onto ControlFlash but the 1756-L71S safety controller gives me an error "Safety Locked Error: The controller must be locked to proceed with the firmware".

What can I do? I've been on the rockwell website, waiting to download Studio 5000 Logix Designer - V30.00, hoping that this will solve the solution?

Hope you can help, Regards Matt

Downgrading is not exactly straight forward. What might be easiest is create a new project in the version you need and then drag things from the higher version over. You can have both open at the same time.

You can also export as L5K and then open in text editor and manipulate the necessary fine info. Export a known good file for the version you want to see the difference. Then use this to create the new program.

You can also export as L5K and then open in text editor and manipulate the necessary fine info. Export a known good file for the version you want to see the difference. Then use this to create the new program.

This is what I've done, I exported the project to L5K and did a Find+Replace of all mentions of the higher revision and changed it to the lower revision and imported the project and it worked with no issues. In my case I went from V30 to V24.

If you have a v31 License, you should be able to download and install v30 also - just do that.

You shouldn't have to wait - Google 'Rockwell software by serial' - enter your details and download.

Last edited: