Siemens AG_Send Error 80B0H The module does not recognize the data record.

richarddell

Hello, I am sending data from a siemens 319-3PN/DP Plc with a Additional Cp343-1 card from the Plc to a remote BNR pc. I have configured 2 tcp send/recv connections in netpro.The PC is the master in the connections. 1 receiving 182 bytes and sending 8 bytes every 50ms. The other connection every 250ms send 252bytes and receives 0 bytes. Both connections are running however after a couple of minutes i get the error 80B0 The module does not recognize the data record. At that point the send telegrams stop for 2/3seconds and then the communication goes again. I only notice this on the send side. receiving data never has this problem. I have updated teh cp card to newest firmware. i have replaced it. but it didnt help. It seems to have something to do with the load. becasue if disable 3 out of the 4 ag communication blocks the time before he same eror comes increases. Does anybody hav an idea? at siemens they also dont know what coould be the problem. Only thing they say it can be the cpu or programming error.

Only thing they say it can be the cpu or programming error.
Not very helpful.

Anything if you go online and check the diagnostics buffer on the CP343-1 ? I do not mean the diagnostics buffer of the 319 CPU.
Is it a CP343-1 or a CP343-1 LEAN ? The LEAN is less performant, maybe it could be relevant.
What is the cycle time of the 319 CPU ? Very short cycle times are actually less good for the communication between CPU and CP.
You can also try to increase the CPU setting "Scan cycle load from communication" from the default 20%.

Regarding the possible programming error.

You are using the blocks AG_SEND and AG_RECV from the SIMATIC_NET_CP library, from the CP 300 folder ?
I believe that you must call the blocks continously, and the ACT bit must be set so that the block sees an positive edge, and must not be repeated until either the DONE or ERROR bits are set.

If i check the diagnostic buffers of the plc and also in ncm manager and the cp card there is no error or fault messages.
The cp card 343-1 is not a lean card.
The cycle time of the plc is very quick so normally around 1 or 2 ms. I never knew this could be an issue. the fc are now called in OB 1. I could try to call the block in a 50ms OB. Would this be wise then? as mentioned on the receivin side i get all the mesages. Tt is only on the sending side it gives problems.

The control of ag send is doen as followed. with a 250/50ms timer s/r block is set. This bit is also linked with the enabled. With this bit a possitive edge bit is made for act. The enable bit is reset after done or error or after a 10s timeout.

I have used the newest blocks from the net cp library.

"Scan cycle load from communication" from the default 20%.How much should i set it to?

The problem is i can only implment hardware changes during linestop. wich take a couple of weeks again for the next one.

The cycle time of the plc is very quick so normally around 1 or 2 ms. I never knew this could be an issue. the fc are now called in OB 1. I could try to call the block in a 50ms OB.
I dont think that will help. I think that it possibly makes it worse.

"Scan cycle load from communication" from the default 20%.How much should i set it to?
If you dont have any issues with that the OB1 cycle increases, then you can go to 40 or 50%.
If you have to keep OB1 scan as fast as possible, you can try to increase in small steps, i.e. 25% .. 30% ..

I am thinking that it is the cyclic send every 50 ms that are the problem.
Another option to the previous suggestions is to change over to the integrated PN port. The data going over the CP343-1 has to pass via slow S7-300 backplane. The integrated port is much faster.

You would then have to change the code from using AG_SEND/AG_RECV to the T_CON/T_SEND/T_RECV blocks. It is not as straightforward as the AG_SEND/AG_RECV, but if you use a sample project from Siemens, and test on a dummy CPU, it should not be so hard.

edit: An advantage with the T_ "open communication blocks" is that changes do not require a connection to be loaded via NetPro. Everything is done in code. You could implement this without shutting down the CPU.

Last edited:
Hello Jesper,

I will try to change the communication load in the plc at the next possible opportunity. I think in a couple of weeks. If i change the interface to the integrated PN. then i have to get an extra ip adress. Or i have to move all connections to this integrated connection. I have tried Tcon in the past on another cpu but i couldn't get it to work after a whole day of trying, to communicate with an older s7-400plc were the connection with netpro and ag send took me only 10 minutes to get it working.

Yeah, the T communication blocks via the integrated port are much less straightforward to get going than the AG_SEND/AG_RECV and NetPro.

I recommend to start out with the Siemens sample project, and test out on a dummy CPU before loading on the real CPU.
I think there is also a FAQ on how to set it up with a partner CPU using AG_SEND/AG_RECV on the partner.