FactoryTalk Parameter List to tag

rconig

I have a screen that can be opened by 4 different buttons. Each button loads a different parameter file for that screen.

I am passing a constant to the screen (in the parameter file) to see which button called it.

ie.. #10 = tagconstant1

now, from the screen that is open, how do I get the value of #10 into a tag that the PLC could see?

I tried to use a macro on the screen load to say that: tagint = #10 but it seems that the macro is running before the parameter file loads.. not sure if that's correct or maybe the syntax I had was wrong. any advice on a method to do this?

Why not the button writes the value to a PLC tag, and let the PLC switch the screen

if the plc loads the screen, it would always be the same parameter file - wouldn't it? I only have 1 screen that really acts as 4 because each goto display button loads a different parameter file.

goto display1 - button 1 - loads parameter file 1
goto display1 - button 2 - loads parameter file 2
goto display1 - button 3 - loads parameter file 3
goto display1 - button 4 - loads parameter file 4

is there no way from display1 screen to write a tag that says how he was called?
in each parameter file, I have included a pointer (#200) but can't figure out how to write {#200} to a tag like: "intPointerTo PLC".

I really appreciate your response

if the plc loads the screen, it would always be the same parameter file - wouldn't it?

The 'Parameter File', 'Use Parameter List', and 'Parameter Tag #' entries of the Global Connections give the PLC control over what parameters are used when using the PLC to open a display via the Remote Display Number.

EDIT:
I tried to use a macro on the screen load to say that: tagint = #10 but it seems that the macro is running before the parameter file loads.. not sure if that's correct or maybe the syntax I had was wrong. any advice on a method to do this?

What about using the remote macro feature to have the PLC trigger your macro once the display is loaded?

Last edited: