Panelview Plus 7 or FactoryTalk issues

forqnc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Guys,
I started with PP 7's Standard a couple of years ago. The new screens came with firmware 9, I was using FactoryTalk ver. 10 at the time. I was able to change the Logo, screensaver and download Fonts to match my screens. Everything worked great. I then learnt how to flash the firmware and started up grading the ver. 9 to 10. Again everything worked great.
So this year we get some more screens, they come with ver. 11 firmware. I create my ver. 10 .mer file and tried to change the logo, but I get an error popup window, that my same file that worked on all previous screens does not match now. Also I could change the screensaver, but when it triggered my picture was not shown. Lastly even though I transferred and stored my font files in the same location my screens do not show them. Although I was testing one screen for a couple of days and now it has started showing my fonts :confused:
I also tried to flash firmware back to 10 on a screen and still no joy.
So I talked with our distributor and they haven't heard of any other people complaining. So I talked to management and asked if we could up grade to ver 12 FactoryTalk, the said yes.
So today I programmed 2 screens one with Firmware ver. 11 then I flashed another screen to ver. 12, both still have the same issues as above.

Am I going crazy or has anybody else experienced this?

I hope you are aware that your new PVP7 standards with firmware v11/v12 will run your versions v9 or v10 .mer runtimes without any need for flashing

I must admit, I haven't messed with fonts or logos in a long time. But are you using the Logo Manager to perform the logo change? What folder are you storing the fonts?

OG

I hope you are aware that your new PVP7 standards with firmware v11/v12 will run your versions v9 or v10 .mer runtimes without any need for flashing

Yes I am aware the newer firmware will run older versions. A lot of this I am still learning. The next new screen we get I will try my ver 9 .mer file, with no flashing and see what results I get.

I must admit, I haven't messed with fonts or logos in a long time. But are you using the Logo Manager to perform the logo change? What folder are you storing the fonts?

OG

Yes OG, I am going into windows CE and using the Logo Manager and the screensaver under display settings. I have always stored the fonts in the Windows/Font folder and never had a problem until we got ver. 11 firmware screens.