PowerFlex 755

Hello,

I am looking to add a PowerFlex 755 to my current project and while I was able to add the device in the RSLogix5000 tree, there are a few parameters that I need that are missing from the created data structure.

1. I need to be able to read the current output frequency of the drive.
  2. I need to see the actual output current of the drive.
  3. I need to see any fault codes from the drive.
  4. I need to be able to send the drive an output frequency.

Any insight or assistance for this would be appreciated. Up until this point we were using PowerFlex 525 and RSLogix created those with the specific things I mentioned that I need to control, so this is making it a bit difficult for me.

The customer is insisting on PLC control of the PID loop, so I need to be able to do it all via the PLC.

Thank you

You may have to add some of these as Datalinks in the drive. Double click on the drive in the I/O tree and under the Module Definition section on the General tab (bottom left), click "Change..." and then in the Module Definition window, you'll be able to select parameters as Datalinks in the top right. Input Data will be inputs to the PLC (frequency, current etc) and Output Data are outputs from the PLC to the drive (frequency demand, etc).