Ge 9070

jimcav

Hello

Any help would be fantastic. I am using a GE 9070 plc in the rack is a innovation series controller talking to DC2000 drive. Here is the fault I get every 4 to 6 weeks. Any thoughts.

Thanks

SPF.FLT.25 UC_SRTP
SRTPD I/O Driver Process Failure
Description: The SRTP I/O Driver process failed and the controller cannot
communicate with CIMPLICITY.
Suggested Action: To recover, the controller must be restarted. To restart the
controller, either
• Cycle power to the entire module, Or
• Press and release the reset button.
It is important to record events leading to the failure and contact GE.

Hi,

Maybe stupid question, but does this fault display in Cimplicity?
You use the triplex driver ( SRTP ) so I assume the connection is Cimplicity - 9070 PLC and not to the Innovation controller ( that use's EGD with Cimplicity).

On the Cimplicity PC, is there any virus scanner active, or sceduled updates? that messes up communication is the experience in my factory.

Futher on, as Steve suggested, the event log in Cimplicity can bring you further.

gr.
John.

Power Supply?

Is this is an older system? I've seen with other PLCs where you get intermittent problems from noise due to aged power supply capacitors. Even an unused supply may not be ideal since some capacitors have a limited shelf life.