Rs view 32 Remote client

harrisoncw

Good day all

I am running Rs view 32 v6.30.17 and for some reason some of my remote clients are being auto disconnected a couple of seconds after they log on and the message that comes up is "unspecified error (0x80004005)" I have restarted both the server and the remote clients pc's and this has not helped.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hello harrison;

A few details could help us out here:
You are using an Active Display Server licence over a RSView32 project, correct? What version?
When you say "remote clients", do you mean on a LAN (direct connection to the switch) or over WAN (Internet or other)?
Is this diconnection a new phenomenon, has this server/client application worked before (anything changed on the network configuration?), or is this a new installation?
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

It is an existing network over a LAN. It is the "active display system" V6.3 The full message states "RSView Active Display Server On ...ip...failed, unable to connect with server, Unspecified Error(0x80004005)" I am able to log on every time But only for a few seconds befor it shuts down.

You need to change the DCOM configuration for Internet explorer. This happens on ALL machines that I initially install Active Display. Once you reconfig. IE, you will be fine. If you tell me what operating system you are using, I will try to give you the exact steps.

dG