Automatically running a rs view 32 project

srv

Anybody please advice me how we can run a rs view 32 project with windows XP starts(when computer turns on)

Last edited:
srv,
Create a shortcut with something like this and stick in the XP start folder.

"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\rsvrt32.exe" "C:\ProjectFolder\Project.rsv" /r

It's also in the manual.....

One last tip: If you want it to run with the window fully maximized then right click the short cut in Windows, choose properties, and change Run drop down selection from "Normal Window" to "Maximized"

Thanks for all replies.How i can directly run the project by clicking rs view 32 icon on the desktop screen.I just tried to run through rs view 32 runtime.Through that we need to select the project and run it manually.I just need to add a project shortcut on the desktop and need to run the project by clicking that icon.please advice me,how we can do that

Ok...here we go again!
Create a shortcut on your desktop instead of the start folder containing something like this....

"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\rsvrt32.exe" "C:\ProjectFolder\Project.rsv" /r

?????

Hmmm, apparently Srv's problem is deeper than we thought....

1. From the Windows XP Start box (normally located in the lower left corner of your screen), RIGHT-click on "Start", then select "Explore".

2. Using Windows Explorer, browse to your RSView project folder, open it, then find the *.rsv file (Your RSView Project Name.rsv). RIGHT-click on the rsv file, then select "Send To", then "Desktop (create shortcut)".

3. You are done!

What would be the use of that?
Bornwild, there is only one use of the RSView project shortcut, as requested by SRV:
...to add a project shortcut on the desktop, and [] run the project by clicking that icon.
That is all, there is nothing else that it will do! Of course there are different ways to add the shortcut icon. You can create a new shortcut and type in the path address (tends to introduce errors into the path address), OR (my method) you can browse to the file name and let Windows create the shortcut and enter the path address for you.

Last edited:
Thanks.I just tried that.shortcut created.But when i click on shortcut icon,rs view works with project manager window opens and need to run from there.my doubt is, can we run the project (with out project manager and click on run)direct from the shortcut.I mean when we click on shortcut initial graphics should be opened.anybody pls advice me

This is as easy as it gets....really.

1. C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\rsvrt32.exe = the path to RSview32 Runtime executable.
2. C:\ProjectFolder\Project.rsv = Your project path and the "rsv" file for your project. You will have to change the name and path to suit your needs.
3. "/r" runs the project when it opens.
4. So to put this all together left click on your desktop create a short cut and paste the above path into the properties. It's that easy.
The easiest way to open on a specific graphic is to open the project in Works click on Startup (the little green flaggy thing) go to the start tab and check "Intial Graphic" then select your desired screen to open at start.
Do you not have a manual??

The easiest way to open on a specific graphic is to open the project in Works click on Startup (the little green flaggy thing) go to the start tab and check "Intial Graphic" then select your desired screen to open at start.
He did not say, but I think JAC means to to to the Project Manager System menu, then click "Startup" (the green flag), then from the next menu, select "Startup" again, then click "Initial Graphic", then (out of all screens in your project) select the screen that you want to open when the project is opened.

This is as easy as it gets....really.
No, it is NOT as easy as it can be, really, really. No one has convinced me that it is easier to type in those long path and file names (instead of letting Windows create the shortcut and insert the long names automatically, easily, with no hassle for you).

1. From the Windows XP Start box (normally located in the lower left corner of your screen), RIGHT-click on "Start", then select "Explore".

2. Using Windows Explorer, browse to your RSView project folder, open it, then find the *.rsv file (Your RSView Project Name.rsv). RIGHT-click on the rsv file, then select "Send To", then "Desktop (create shortcut)".

That is all, two easy steps, no typing of long strings of characters for us poor typists, and a shortcut icon that opens exactly the file that you pointed at. If you want the project to RUN instead of just open for editing, then you can manually add the "/r" at the end of the shortcut Target string.

Last edited: