RedLion G3 and Barcode Reader

I made a demo once for an Ethernet Barcode scanner to a data station plus. It sent an ascii string over ethernet to the module. A little bit of scripting to parse the string and move values to the corresponding tags (since it was sending quality, X, and Y data as well).

Just set up a Raw TCP/IP on the ethernet communications, and called my program on update.

We've got a big project gaining traction that is going to consist of 30+ barcode scanners that will scan barcodes on mill rolls of film, and then parse the barcode into a "recipe" # and a unique serial number.

At this point we are thinking of using a Crimson GL306 as the interface between the scanner (haven't settled on a model yet) and our L61 PLC's.

A serial scanner makes things easy. 10 minutes of parsing data and you are done. I might even have a few examples.
I did 1 TCP it wasn't too bad.

There won't be much to parse. The barcode will be a six digit part number. From there it will load the recipe that matches the part number. That part is already being done - the girls are just asking to input the part number by barcode instead of entering it by hand. Check your PMs Jeff.