Message Instruction error code

Cjohan

Good day

I would be so glad if anyone can assist me. I have a message instruction and i am sending data between 2 PLC's.

The Message Instruction is in error mode and when i check the error code and extended error code i have the following

error code : 16#00ff extended error code 16#0000_2105

when i go to Rockwell help site i see that this extended error code says the following :

Address and how many out of range

I have tried to check the tags, the data types and the error stays there. Can someone help me and explain what this means ?

Thank you in advance

o_O

I believe this happens when you try to send more elements than the destination element has in its array to the other PLC.

If you're sending 10 elements but the destination tag is only 8 elements long, or if the destination is 10 elements long but you start at element 1, you will get this error.

Which exact types of PLC controllers are you using ? The error codes suggest ControlLogix/CompactLogix but I'd like to know for sure.

What are the exact addresses and data types in each controller ?

In general, that error code (0x2105) does mean that the target datatype is incorrect, like an array that is the wrong size, or a BOOL tag (which are not supported for messaging).

Hi Ken

Thank you for your message. I am Using a Compact logix 1768- L43S controller and a 1756-L73S Control logix Controller . I will have a look at the sizes and get back . Thank you

Hi All

I thought i just give some feedback. Yes both of you were right, my data types were not the same size.

Thank you very much for your input