RSView Studio 3.2 SE Distributed Project Transfer Help!

Doughy

I have a project created on my laptop and I am trying to open that same project on a different laptop but I cant seem to find out how to have it come up in the open application. I have looked at making a back up copy as you would in ME but that option doesnt come up in SE through the application manager. I have only used SE a couple times and I am new to all of this so maybe I am just missing something small can anyone help me on this?

Thank You
Doughy

The easiest way is to use the RSView Enterprise SE Backup/Restore utility found in AB Technote A102052574. This technote is available on Rockwells (Horrible, annoying, and poorly implemented new) knowledgebase.

Otherwise, the easiest way I've found, without manually trying to remember all of the SE Paths for the application, and Factory Talk information, is to create a blank project, with the same name, on the target computer. This step creates the Factory Talk Directory Entry (RNAD).
Then copy the application directory from the source to the target, same directory location and name. Then in SE Studio, open the application, and attach the imported runtime directory as an HMI Server.

Thanks - I ended up getting it working, here were the steps I followed:

Once you have your project that you want to use copied over to the new computer that you are using, you have to start a new project, once you have that you go to the new area that you have created then go to create a New HMI server which you will find that you have a selection of four different topic's and one will be Import a project, once you are there you import your project and then u r on your way!!