RSLogix File Size

godfrey

When I open a file, do some work on it, and then save it with another file name, sometimes the file size is quite a bit smaller than before even though I only made a few bit changes. Once it changed from 137kb to 115 kb. Did you ever notice that? I'm using V5.00 and Windows ME.

The .RSS file contains both an online and offline image of your project. This speeds the process of connecting to a processor. These images can get unsynchronized. This occurs if you don't save your changes when going from online to offline. To synchronize the images, you must save the project while online before going offline.

I suspect this is probably the cause of the file size differences.

Similar Topics

I am trying to import addresses and symbols from a PanelBuilder32 application into the RSLogix 5 Address/Symbol database - however each time I...
Replies
Views
I stumbled onto this behavior the other day, then went looking for old forum posts with the assumption that "there is nothing new under the...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am working on converting a program written in RSLogix 500 to Connected Components Workbench. The MicroLogix to Micro800 converter...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I created the shortcut while setting up comms in FT View to a Logix 500 processor, then a offline tag file to the processor .RSS file...
Replies
Views
How can I open a file that says "The requested resource is not recognized by the Security Authority. See your Security Administrator."
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom