Control Logix with Profibus I/O

chavak

I had an upcoming project using Control Logix cpu [Model not selected yet] but the requirements include field I/O on profibus, and servo on sercos [ultra 3K].
My initial searches say, I have to use a Prosoft Profibus interface module to have connectivity.

Any body have past experience with similar setup? if have please advice me what should I look out for, any particular modules on Prosoft is the best option, how to configure it etc.

Any information will be helpful. I am trying to reduce my learning curve, also make less mistakes.

Thankyou in Advance

Best Regards

Hello Chavak;
We have used the Protool MVI56-PDPMV1 Profibus master module often in the past few years.
We used it with ABB valves, Siemens and Rockwell VFDs, Profibus remote IOs from various manufacturers and with Siemens DP/PA links for our instrumentation.
We have found the Prosoft configuration software to be user-friendly and easy to setup, and the RLL code provided by Prosoft installs without problems. It also provides good basic diagnostics of the slaves on the bus.
You have to prodceed in two steps: install the sample code in your project, and adapt it to your local tags. Then use the PCB (Prosoft Configuration Builder) to import the slaves' GSD file (to be able to build your network) and configure the elements on the bus.
Simply look for the user manual , here:
http://www.prosoft-technology.com/content/view/full/8109
Study it as well as the sample code provided, things should go smoothly.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Daniel,

Thankyou very much for the info.

The processor make and I/O are chosen by the customer, they have similar setup in their premises I guess.

Best Regards