factory talk activation for RsLogix 5000

pssriram16

Using Factory talk activation tool, licensing works fine for RSLogix 5000 version 17.

But when I try to open up a program in version 12 the license is not activated.

I used the "old style" of "Move Activation" from floppy disk to activate version 12 of RSLogix license and then the program open up, but unfotunately it wont let me create Function Block Diagrams. (Ladder Logic ONLY).

I am confused. I thought one activation file should support all the versions of the software right?

Sri

FROM ROCKWELL KNOWLEDGEBASE

Question:
Why do I get "No Activation Available" when trying to open multiple sessions of different RSLogix 5000 versions? (example: launch v15 and v16 at the same time).

Answer:
This no activation situation can happen if RSLogix 5000 v15 or earlier software is installed "after" v16 or v17 software was loaded. The older software reintroduces on some files that v16 or v17 are supposed to overwrite. This affects "concurrent" activations, such as those used with Automation ToolKits.

The solution is to uninstall either v16.03 or v17.00 and then reinstall, so it will overwrite files as needed to maintain multiple revision support.

Another Issue Might Be:
FT Activation (new) only will activate versions V10.04-V10.07, V11.13-V11.16, V12.02-V`12.06, V13.x, V15.x and V16

Hope this helps

Last edited: