Panelview Plus HMI's from old machines.Can the they be updated to accept newer .mer's

Good Morning ,

I have several Panelview Plus 700's off of old machines. I would love to use these for small machine upgrades around the plants. Can you update the firmware and system to accept and run , runtime files , that have been developed on FactoryTalk View version 9 or 10 ?

I remember doing this before . Would you folks have any links or videos that help with this process ? I will google this process also.

Thanks for your help. Have a Great Thanksgiving this week.

you should be able to export out your runtime file as an older version. You may also be able to update the firmware depending on what is available for the unit.

When creating a runtime file in from FactoryTalk View 9 or 10 project you have the option to create the runtime in earlier versions so it is compatible with older screens. I've done it with version 4 and version 5 screens in the past with no problems.

Good Morning ,

I have several Panelview Plus 700's off of old machines. I would love to use these for small machine upgrades around the plants. Can you update the firmware and system to accept and run , runtime files , that have been developed on FactoryTalk View version 9 or 10 ?

I remember doing this before . Would you folks have any links or videos that help with this process ? I will google this process also.

Thanks for your help. Have a Great Thanksgiving this week.

They can definitely be flashed to a later firmware through ME Firmware Upgrade Wizard. That being said, there's a limit on how high you can go. I've dealt with several PanelView 1000's recently and they could only go up to v5.10. You can find the limit of your HMI on the Rockwell compatibility website.

All that being said, if you're running FactoryTalk View Studio v10 on your machine (as I am), you can simply save to an older version of the application (whatever your terminal may take). Continuing with the example above, I constantly create and modify 5.10 displays for older terminals. There are very minor changes (shading comes to mind) which aren't available, but 99.99% works just as you'd expect from any other firmware.

Cheers,
Vlad

HI,
Just yesterday I had to upgrade the firmware on a PV+ 700 panel from 3.2 to 5.1. The wizard would not let me go to V8.0. At least with 5.1 I can use the screen with my current RS-VME 8.0 software. With the 3.2 firmware, the screen would not accept a MER created with my software package.

BD

I always want to go high enough so I can convert it back to my application, 6.10 is the lowest you can go with a Runtime , to be able to convert it back to an application , right ?